Tuberculosis Challenges and Stigma
Major challenges in TB treatment and control in the US:
- Getting patients to take their medicine and take it properly
- Recognizing that a great amount of TB in the United States occurs in immigrants
- Educating physicians in the proper treatment of TB
- Recognizing the difference between a TB infection and active TB
- Being knowledgeable of the PPD tuberculin skin test, a latent TB infection (LTBI), and the management of LTBI
- Proper follow-up and long-term care of patients who have or have had TB
Address stigma and fear related to TB:
- The public must be made aware that myths about TB exist in the United States and are often more prevalent in the third world.
Provision of culturally competent, patient-centered TB care:
A Primer in Adult
With a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, there is no risk involved in trying this handy new eBook.
Download the PDF now and start mastering the skills necessary for Physical Diagnosis.
Sign up for Periodic Site Updates
Add your name and e-mail address, and we’ll send you periodic site updates when we add other valuable documents for Medical Students.